I had a wonderful conversation w/a relatively new friend today. We met a few months ago through our children who attend school together. She's originally from Quebec, where those who know the Lord are few and far between - maybe even fewer than further between, and then some.
Today finally I was able to ask, point blank, "So how does a Quebecoise like you come to know Christ? I mean, that just 'doesn't happen' very often..." And I got the "You're right, it's amazing, let me tell you!" story I'd been longing to hear.
In summary, God will find His children, no matter where they may be. And His grace is not only sufficient to save them, but also to sustain them in virtual spiritual starvation over time. May I not forget to pray for such people and those He's called, both to live there and to go there. My heart just SINGS to know He is at work in the French-speaking, and (most often) God-cursing culture, to His glory. Pray for her and her family, that He would use them to reach the many they know there still, such as her parents, who do not know God, but who are watching those who do, like she and her husband, wondering if He's real, and whether He can be trusted. May their blinders fall off and may they SEE HIM - truly see Him and love Him and KNOW His amazing grace.
No comments:
Post a Comment