I just read an article from our church's women's fellowship newsletter entitled "Thanks, Mom!". Today is Mother's Day so it seemed fitting to read it before heading to bed. Great read and all about a mom's love for her child (in this case daughter). Oh how gracious our moms are - I could fill volumes telling of my mom's grace for me. I was (am!) difficult and amazingly she still loves me after all that's happened between us (granted the years of no longer living under the same roof have helped).
Anyway, the article made a point of comparing a mom's love (very gracious!) with God's love expressed for his children, through the life, death, and resurrection of Christ - his amazing love far surpasses that of even our moms!. The article closed (more or less) with the following quote which totally floored me in its simplicity, and said it all; "My mom loves me because I am her daughter, but I am God's daughter because he loved me."
No comments:
Post a Comment