Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Love is Patient

I have read a certain blog a few times hosted by Marcia Somerville entitled Tapestry of Grace. Everything I've read that she has written has blessed and encouraged me so far. (Disclaimer however - I haven't read THAT much of what she's written. I say that "just in case"....)

Somehow I ended up over there this morning and read a good part of her latest entry, Love Is Patient. It was particularly striking in light of what I posted yesterday and I think simply sharing the link here and recommending it highly is the best thing I could possibly post today!

Let me whet your appetite with this small excerpt copied below, and then off you go. Happy reading!

We all know people whose patience is on full display. We marvel at them, but inwardly, we can think: wow, I am just not that kind of person. I could never be patient like s/he is! But, here’s a piece of good (and convicting) news: if we have the Spirit of God within us, we can become patient. Patience is a fruit of the Spirit (Galatians 5:22). There are really no naturally patient people. When you see God-honoring patience in people, they weren’t born that way. God has worked this fruit in their lives, whether or not they are aware of it. And the same Spirit is at work in you, and will prevail in the end (Philippians 1:6).

No comments: