I know that being a parent is a lot of work. I am no "expert," unless 14+ years of experience automatically makes one expert. I have learned a lot from watching, doing, asking, reading, experimenting, praying, and failing plenty. I love being a parent, and I'm in for the long haul, whether I like it or not, whether I want it or not, and I know, I KNOW, that it doesn't end even when they leave home. It's a constantly evolving process. It's rewarding, exhausting, stretching, and painful, all at the same time (and more I'm sure). But I am thankful for the process it is working in ME. Parenting is a tool God is using to work in MY life. It's refining. I sometimes wish I could take a vacation from it, but I doubt I'd enjoy it, seeing as I like my kids (yes, like, not just love), and I'd frankly miss them within minutes of starting on such a vacation. And I'd want to check on them and know how they're doing, hear about their day, help with their "problems" or simply hear them chatter about whatever is on their mind. And this is grace, that as much angst as it all may bring with it, as hard as it may be, it is worth it, and I love being a parent.
And btw, click on the link here (Parenting: It's never an interruption) for a great perspective - very good to keep in mind, especially when the slogging is particularly wearisome. I needed to read it today.
No comments:
Post a Comment