Friday, March 6, 2009

Blogging has not come easily these past months - sorry to leave any of you in the dark as to how we're doing. We ask you to extend us lots of grace and eventually (someday) we'll either blog more or get out an annual family letter updating you so that you can see God at work in our lives. Suffice it here to say that he is working (lots), things are fine (details forthcoming but only God knows when), and blogging can really be a foolish endeavor. There is a lot of wasted time online (I know, I'm one to waste it and working on doing that less). There are many blogs full of foolish "nothing", people spouting their opinions as though they were absolute truth (this goes for many well-meaning and good-sounding blogs as well as those obviously neither of those), and just plain drivel (this blog of mine probably falls into this latter category, truth be known). Anyway... at least I'm writing something. I figure three posts in six plus months can't be too bad in the wasteful arena.

So here's a thought with which to leave you. For context, I began reading Proverbs about two weeks ago, seeing as I have a noted need for and lack of wisdom in particular just now. I also decided to read all the introductory notes in my study bible prior to diving in and was struck by the description it gave of a fool. As expected there was discussion of wisdom which was contrasted naturally with folly, and there was description of different kinds of fools, ranging from the naive and uncommitted to arrogant scoffers. It concluded thus:

The fool is not mentally deficient;
He is self-sufficient,
Ordering his life as if there were no God.

No comments: