Sunday, November 13, 2011

An appetite which has been whet...

I recently read the foreword to the book Peacemaking Woman. I hope to someday read the book. In the meantime, this comment has truly whet my appetite for more.
I am personally delighted with the greatest strength of this book -- it is consistently Christ-centered. Instead of calling women to work harder in their own strength, it calls them to rest more fully and confidently in the redeeming work of Christ.
A little further on in the book ( not in the foreword), I also read a quote from another book, Boundaries (a good book in its own right, from p.94). This time the quote was interesting especially to share it w/my kids. I look forward to reading (someday) how this quote fits into the book.
Things can hurt and not harm us. In fact, they can even for good for us. And things that feel good can be very harmful to us.

No comments: